The Website uses third-party cookies. Said cookies are sent to each user’s device from computers or domains not managed by the Webpage’s publisher, but rather by another entity, which also processes the data obtained from these cookies.
WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHAT DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
A cookie is a small information file placed on your computer, smartphone, tablet or other devices used to access the Internet. The purpose of cookies is to store and gather information regarding your browsing history and habits from said devices so that the server can remember previous visits to webpages made by users during their subsequent visits.
BEN SMITH LANGUAGES uses a variety of cookies for the sole purpose of improving your user experience on our website.
Under no circumstance do said cookies store any of the user’s personal data nor do they grant access to the device upon which they are stored. Their only purpose is to remember Users’ prior visits and their browsing preferences, without identifying each User individually.
1. Types of cookies depending on their owner
Depending on the entity which manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent, and which also processes the information obtained, different types of cookies can be identified:
- First-party Cookies: those which are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the website’s publisher and from which the service requested is provided to the user.
- Third-party Cookies: those which are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain which is not managed by the website’s publisher, but rather by a different entity which also processes the information obtained from the cookies.
No se entenderán como cookies propias aquéllas que sean instaladas desde un equipo o dominio gestionado por el propio editor cuando la información que se recopile mediante dichas cookies sea gestionada por un tercero.
2. Types of cookies depending on their purpose: :
- Technical Cookies: those which allow users to browse a website or use a platform or application and use the various options or services found on said websites, platforms or applications such as, for example, controlling traffic or the transfer of data.
- Customization Cookies: those which allow a user to access a website with certain pre-defined characteristics based on criteria set on their own device such as, for example, the language used, the browser type used to access the website, regional configurations, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: those which allow the owner of the cookie to monitor and analyse user behaviour on the website. The information obtained from this type of cookie is used for measuring activity on the website, application or platform and to create browsing profiles for the users of said sites.
- Advertising Cookies: those which allow for the most efficient possible management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies adapt the advertising on said websites, applications or platforms based on a range of criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which said advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: those which allow for the most efficient possible management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the Publisher has included on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information regarding user behaviour obtained via continual observation of user’s browsing habits, which, in turn, allows for the development of a specific profile to which customised advertising, in line with said behaviour, is shown.
3. Types of cookies depending on their duration:
- Session Cookies: those which collect and store information only while a user accesses a website. They are normally used to store information that is required in order to provide the services requested by the user on one single occasion.
- Persistent Cookies: those which store information on a device for a specific period of time set by the owner of the cookie. This period can range from minute to several years.
HOW TO MANAGE THE COOKIES ON YOUR DEVICE?
Users can define how their device reacts to cookies by configuring the options on the browsers they use to access the Internet.
Since there are different procedures for managing cookies for each web browser, we recommend you go to each browser’s “Help” function where you will find the steps you must take to configure your cookie settings.
In the event that a User chooses not to accept the use of certain cookies used on the Website, some of the Website’s features and services may not be able to be used.
WHAT COOKIES DOES BENSMITHLANGUAGES.COM USE?
The website www.bensmithlangugages.com uses both first-party and third-party cookies in order to customise, analyse and store information regarding user sessions.
Third party Cookies:
_ga: Company/Google: Expiration time: 2 years. Used to distinguish users.
_gid: Company/Google: Expiration time: 24 hours. Used to distinguish users.
_gat: Company/Google: Expiration time: 1 minute. Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_property-id_property-id
AMP_TOKEN: Company/Google: Expiration time: 30 seconds to 1 year. Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID Service.
Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight requests or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
_gac_property-id: Company/Google: Expiration time: 90 days. Contains campaign related information for the user.
If you have linked your Google Analytics and Adwords accounts, the website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. More information regarding _property-id.